Thursday, November 8, 2007

When I toured The Daily News Leader in Staunton, Virginia last fall, we were introduced to a contributing cartoonist who they could not afford to keep on staff, but regularly contributed to the paper. He had drawn and published the cartoon of the crying Hokie mascot of Virginia Tech surrounded by the mascots of neighboring Virginia universities after the 2007 Virginia Tech tragedy. The cartoon was picked up by many newspapers nationwide.

I know that cartoon touched me and many other students nationwide who displayed it on their Facebook and Myspace pages. I had never before thought of cartoonists as journalists until I saw that cartoon. However, they tell stories just as well, if not better, than an article you could read about the same subject.

Therefore, I just wanted to quickly post a link to a cartoon web site I found with a political twist.

Daryl Cagle's Professional Cartoonist's Index

No comments: