Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Harvard Youth Follows Campaign Trail in New Hampshire

I was reading a political blog on The New York Times website entitled "The Caucus" when I came across an entry that described the actions of a group of Harvard students who are participating in an academic project called Campus Voices. The students are attending campaign events, interviewing young and older voters and campaign staff, writing about these experiences and filming some stories in New Hampshire.

After I clicked through the site, I came across many unique features I have not found on other political web sites. First of all, I liked that Campus Voices acts like a detached third party. It is not the candidate and the staff talking up the candidate and the staff, and it isn't't the news media talking about the candidate. It is young people talking about their first hand observations and genuine impressions of the candidates and their campaigns.

It has first hand interviews with people who support both Democrat and Republican candidates. It is informative, but also personal because the students blog about their day to day experiences and impressions.

The site is definitely one that I will bookmark and access as a genuine source of Election 2008 news.

Campus Voices

No comments: