Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Quotes of the Week

I've been thinking about a way to spice up my blogging every week, and I believe I have a new feature that may inspire me to keep writing, and hopefully you to keep reading.

Every week, the media broadcasts quotes from celebrities, politicians, and other prominent figures in society saying something controversial, opinionated, and sometimes, just downright stupid. The majority of the time, these comments are critical of the Bush administration, the Iraq war, or our country in general.

For this blog post, and hopefully from here on out, I will try to compile these quotes (along with other controversial occurrences like movie or song releases) from both the left and the right (to the best of my ability...although I admittedly lean right) which stir up controversy and make the American public reevaluate whether they would like to continue to invest financially or support this particular public figure whether it be a movie star or a politician.

Here a few that I have heard this week:

Rosie O'Donnell: "You'd have to literally, I think, to get impeached, take the Constitution out of the museum, put it on the floor and have George Bush literally take a dump on it. That is the only way that we are going to get people to understand the magnitude of what he has done." (Speech over the weekend at Hunter College)

Mark Cuban: "
You see, Mr. [Bill] O'Reilly thinks that movies are a tool used by terrorists, and any Anti American faction as motivation to hate us and everything we stand for even more than they already do. I'm not sure that terrorists and those who are Anti American need any more motivation , or if they are even capable of hating us even more than they do. We are at war. There are people willing to be convinced to blow themselves up to kill as many of us as possible. Anytime, anywhere." (Blog entry concerning the new film "Redacted" financed by Cuban and to be released in theaters soon)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.